Emonda ALR 4 is a lightweight aluminum road bike at an incredible value. But don't mistake it for the kind of ride you'll get from value-minded competitors at this price. Shaped tubes, Invisible Weld Technology, and a lightweight frame that's perfect for new riders and racers alike give Emonda ALR the looks and handling of carbon at the price of alloy.
It's right for you if...
You're a value-minded rider looking for a lightweight race bike, a whole lot of performance for your dollar, and a quality ride you won't immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
Emonda ALR 4 is more than the sum of its parts. Yes, it has a full Shimano Tiagra groupset, 20 speeds, a carbon fork, powerful direct mount rim brakes, and a lightweight 300 Series Alpha Aluminum frame with shaped tubes—but its real genius is in its handling and ride quality.
The final word
Emonda ALR 4 is the most affordable Emonda in the family, but it handles like a far more expensive bike and has the looks to match. It's an extremely capable race bike at a great value.
Why you'll love it
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology and shaped tubes for sleek looks, light weight, and incredible handling
- It climbs fast, corners on rails, and descends with confidence
- It gives you room to grow, with dependable components and lightweight performance at a great value
- It shares the geometry of our highest-end carbon Emonda race bikes, and it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes
- Internal cable routing extends the life of your cables and adds to the bike's sleek look
|Frame||Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminum, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, BB86.5, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, DuoTrap S compatible|
|Fork||Emonda carbon, tapered steerer, direct mount rim brakes|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8-inch top, 1.5-inch bottom|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready|
|Tires||Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c|
|Bottom Bracket||Press Fit BB86.5|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Tiagra, 11-28, 10 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra, 10 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts|
|Brakes||Tektro T731, direct mount|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
Trek 2019 Emonda ALR
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 50cm||601479888344||568782|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 52cm||601479888351||568783|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 54cm||601479888368||568784|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 56cm||601479888375||568785|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 58cm||601479888382||568786|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 60cm||601479888399||568787|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 62cm||601479888405||568788|
|Viper Red/Trek Black / 64cm||601479888412||568789|